For Cookie Dough Crust
- Two 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Two large egg yolks
- One tablespoon milk
- Two teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- You will also need seasonal fruits and berries. Suggestions below
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy:
- Add the egg yolks, milk, and vanilla and beat well.
- Fold the dry ingredients until crumbly, then press the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for a half-hour.
- Press the cookie dough into tart pans about a 1/4 inch thick on the bottom and sides.
- Add any sliced fruit or berries into the pastry shell and sprinkle each one with 1/2 tsp sugar. You can probably omit the sugar if you’d rather just have the natural sweetness of the fruit. Some fruit and berry suggestions include:
- blueberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, nectarines, blackberries, or raspberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F until evenly dark golden brown at the edges. You want some excellent dark color to the cookie crust to make sure they are fully baked.
- Cool on a wire rack to almost room temperature before removing from the pans to cool completely. These would also be excellent served warm with a scoop of good vanilla bean ice cream.
Makes 12 tarts