2 whole spaghetti squash
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1 c. chopped pepperoni
2 c. marinara
2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4 c. chopped parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400º. Place spaghetti squash on a plate and microwave 5 minutes. Halve each lengthwise and remove any seeds (be careful of hot steam!). Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- 2. Bake, cut-side down, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and heat broiler.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, crisp pepperoni, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
- 4. Loosen spaghetti strands using a fork. Add 1/2 cup marinara, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup crispy pepperoni to each baked squash half. Mix filling with a fork and top with 1/4 cup more mozzarella and parsley. Return to baking sheet.
- 5. Broil until cheese is melted and golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.